Chancellor of the Exchequer Alistair Darling delivered what could be his last ever Pre-Budget Report to the House of Commons at 12.30pm today. Here are some of the highlights.
The weekend papers are always an excellent source of personal finance stories. With so many papers to read and so many stories to digest, here is our pick of the five most important personal finance stories this weekend.
The FTSE 100 index of leading UK company shares finished the week at 5,322.36, up 9.36 points or 0.18% on the day and up 76.63 points (+1.46%) over the week. The index has risen from 4,434.20 since the start of 2009, a rise of 888.16 points or 20.03%. Over a year the FTSE 100 has risen from 4,163.60 (1,158.76 points or 27.84%).
New research from National Savings & Investments has revealed that Britons have not made savings any more of a priority, despite the financial shocks and economic turmoil of the past eighteen months.
Get in touch
- Informed Choice
- Sundial House, 20 High Street, Cranleigh, GU6 8AE
- 01483 274566
- How sequence risk or pound cost ravaging will affect your retirement (part three)
- How sequence risk or pound cost ravaging will affect your retirement (part two)
- Keep your money safe from this new scam
- How sequence risk or pound cost ravaging will affect your retirement (part one)
- July 2019 Investment & Economic Update